James Bland is an English figurative artist who lives and works in Kent. James and Antrese talk about how he uses Facebook to connect with other artists; using memory as a source for painting; how James chooses models and his inventive studio set up. Plus a digression into the addictive quality of making art.
- Tactics James uses to get exposure to outside influences and gain access to new followers.
- Using social media to spark ideas and ignite creativity.
- How making big changes in a painting through the process, and saving details for last frees the artist to be more creative.
- How using memory as a source for your work inspires creative solutions.
- The parallels between session musicians and painters.
- How James chooses his models.
- A glimpse into how James adapts a small studio (hint: check out the photo below!)
- Are dedicated painters really just addicted to the creative process? How close is that to alcoholism?