- The lasting impression of James’ art on young minds and how one fan grew up to be a paleontologist and named a dinosaur after James: Torvosaurus gurneyi
- The criteria James uses to decide what projects to work on: “Find the work I have the most fun doing, work with the people I really enjoy hanging with and then figure out how to make a business out of that.”
- Why James thinks right now is the best time to be an artist and how he uses new technology to reach current fans and create new ones.
- Why reading every day is important to James’ work.
- How his artist blog, Gurney Journey sparks James’ creativity.
- James’ advice on how to develop an original vision.
Other Artists Mentioned:
Books by James Gurney:
The Dinotopia Series:
Find James Gurney on the Internet:
- Gurney Journey (blog)
- Connect with James: