Nathan Fowkes has painted backgrounds for animation giants DreamWorks, Disney and other entertainment legends. His film credits include The Road to El Dorado, The Prince of Egypt, How to Train Your Dragon, The Legend of Puss in Boots and of course, Shrek.
Learn how Nathan broke into the animation industry, the pros and cons of freelancing in the world of entertainment design. Plus hear the advice he got from Sue Lyon & Scott Burdick that changed the course of his career.
Quote:Definition of sacrifice: “Giving up something that’s really good in favor of hoping to get something even better.” Nathan Fowkes
- How Nathan transitioned from corporate to freelance (7:20)
- What does Nathan consider the highpoint of his career? Two keycards (21:22)
- Quality of Artwork (25:00)
- The game changing advice from Sue Lyon & Scott Burdick (28:55)
- Definition of Sacrifice (33:43)
- State of Flow (40:45)
- Lives for (42:00)
- Tales of the master – Burne Hogarth (48:17)
- Nathan’s Dream Project (58:50)
Other Artists Mentioned
Alastair Reynolds, On the Steel Breeze (Fiction, non-art)