Gabor Svagrik is a plein air painter who emigrated from Hungary to the United States. He studied at the Academy of Art in Chicago and now runs the Tucson Art Academy Online.
Gabor and I dive into the artist gallery relationship. Highlights include:
- What they don’t teach you in art school.
- Important characteristics of a mentor.
- The pro’s and con’s of falling in love with your own work.
- Understanding whose opinion should matter to you.
- Dangers of showing your work too early.
- Hallmarks of a good artist-gallery relationship.
- What Chipotle can teach you about handing off your art business.
The Chipotle video we talk about:
The Painter’s Process – William Reese